Lathe Set-up Programmer
A CNC Setup Machinist will program, setup, and operate CNC Mills, CNC Lathes and other machine tools on our 2nd shift. Apply knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, and machining procedures to produce quality precision.
Duties, Tasks, Responsibilities:
- Review drawings and specifications of a particular product and plan the machining production process, including where and how to cut the work piece, the correct tools and materials for the job and the sequence of steps to follow in production of the product.
- Problem solve and make decisions on ways to decrease cycle times and efficiency of setups.
- Perform the machining operations, watch for problems in the machining production process, and check the accuracy of the finished piece against drawings using calibrated measuring tools.
- Work as a team in the machine shop with tooling, inspection and other production and assembly departments.
- Safely run and maintain machines as needed.
- Assist in machine maintenance and repair per prescribed PM schedules.
- Other duties as needed where skills match (assembly, maintenance, tooling).
- Setup and troubleshoot machine operation.
Requirements/skills needed for job: Setup and operation ability of CNC Mills and Lathes, Programming and trouble-shooting experience. Detail-oriented, knowledge of shop math, machining, computers, communication, quality, safety, and team/independent working.
We offer excellent compensation with benefits to include medical, vision, dental, 401(k) plan, off-shift premium and much more! Please visit our website at www.wauseonmachine.com for information on our company. You may respond by faxing (419-337-0112), emailing you resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailing your resume to:
Attention: Crystal Escalera
Wauseon Machine & Mfg., Inc.
995 Enterprise Ave.
Wauseon, OH 43567