Swiss Machine Programmer
Wauseon Machine has an immediate opening for a Swiss Machine Programmer/Operator. Primary responsibilities are to program, set up, and optimize machining processes to produce machined parts to the drawing and specifications provided by the customer. Secondary responsibilities shall be tasks that support a safe, clean, and well maintained plant environment focused on performance, productivity, improving, and teamwork.
- Program, set up, and optimize machining processes on conventional CNC lathes with or without live milling and on Swiss CNC lathes with or without live milling.
- Select cutting tools for machining programs given target costs, materials, part geometry, and process constraints along with calculating the appropriate cutting speeds, feeds, and depths of cut to meet tooling cost targets.
- Use sound practices to develop the toolpath strategies to generate part features / details that optimize tool life and ensure part dimensions are produced within tolerance with a high degree of repeatability.
- Interpret part drawings and specifications, including GD&T (geometric dimension and tolerance) callouts.
- Produce machining programs with the use of CAM software, Mastercam and Part Maker. When manual or conversational programming is more efficient, program at the machine using the machine controller.
- Guide and support team members when they need assistance with programming, set ups, troubleshooting, and how to load / unload parts correctly and efficiently.
- Troubleshoot production machining programs to identify root causes of part defects and implement changes to the process that improve quality overall, reduce cycle time, and maximize total throughput.
- Machine fixturing necessary to successfully machine production parts.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the plant processes and work with team members to implement improvements.
Preferred Experience & Knowledge
- Must have a working knowledge of both Star and Citizen Swiss machines.
- Knowledge of Part Maker software.
- 3+ years of experience programming, setting up, and troubleshooting machining programs on CNC machine tools.
- Knowledge of milling operations, including G-code, cutting tools, machine tool operation, and toolpath strategies.
- Knowledge of lathe operations, including G-code, cutting tools, machine tool operation, and toolpath strategies.
- Ability to use math (geometry and trigonometry) to calculate missing dimensions and coordinates necessary for programming that are not included on drawings provided in job binders / packets.
- Ability to manage fixture projects including; planning of fixture design, CAD / CAM scheduling, material procurement while working with purchasing staff.
- Experience programming and machining tight tolerance production parts.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and or six sigma environments.
We offer excellent compensation with benefits to include medical, dental, 401(k) plan and much more! You may respond by faxing (419-337-0112), emailing (email@example.com), or mailing your resume to:
Attention: Crystal Escalera
Wauseon Machine & Mfg., Inc.
995 Enterprise Ave.
Wauseon, OH 43567